Family Sponsorship Canada

At Briere Immigration Law Services Ltd., we certainly like to help couples with sponsorship and being reunited in Canada. Give us a call.
In this section we will discuss the various types of sponsorship available to you.

  • ​Spousal sponsorship
  • Parent and Grand Parent sponsorship
  • Other family sponsorship
  • Group of 5 – Refugee sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship

We have helped many couples with their spousal sponsorship applications and we have never had a refusal!
As they say: ‘’practice makes perfect’’.

We even have couples who come to us after they were refused by the Canadian Government. In some cases, we can resubmit an application, in other cases we can represent you in the Canadian Immigration Appeal court.
We know how this works in every detail.

You can face many many delays if you leave this type of application to a person who has not done many such applications before. If you are thinking about doing this yourself, think again. You can face not only rejected applications, but you will have to face a long uncertainty, a lot of stress and months and months of delays. In many cases, with your spouse staying outside Canada, unable to come to Canada. Is it really worth it?
If you are a Canadian citizens or a permanent resident you may be eligible to sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner to come to Canada and be a permanent resident. As a sponsor, you will sign an agreement with the Canadian Government stating you will financially support your spouse for 3 years.

Dependent Children Sponsorship

You can sponsor a child who is under the age of 22. In rare cases, you can sponsor a child older than 22. There is now a new program where you can also sponsor a child who was not originally declared in your immigration as a permanent resident. It is worth checking out if this applies to you!

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship

There is a yearly program where you can apply to sponsor your parents or grandparents. You need to meet the income requirement for the past 3 years based on your current family size however. This sponsorship program is on hold at the moment.

In the mean time, another way to get them here is to get a Supervisa which allows them to remain in Canada for up to 2 years. You also need to have enough income in the past year and need to supply them with health insurance.

Sponsorship of Other Eligible Relatives

This one applies for orphaned (both mother and father are deceased) brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren who are orphaned, under the age of 18 and are single, they may be sponsored to come to Canada as a permanent resident.

If you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, son or daughter, parent, grandparent, brother or sister, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece, who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor. This is sometimes called the ‘’Lonely Canadian’’ sponsorship program.

Group of 5

This is another way to sponsor family members who are currently protected persons outside of their country of citizenship. This involves 5 Canadians who have enough income and promise to support a refugee for a period of one year.
Check with us if you have someone who is ALREADY recognized as a refugee outside their country of citizenship and you would like to sponsor under this program