Electronic Travel Authorisation or eTA

Here you will find a list of Countries. If you are a citizen of one of these countries you need to get an eTA for the majority of the cases:

  • Andorra

  • Australia

  • Austria

  • Bahamas

  • Barbados

  • Belgium

  • British citizen

  • British National (Overseas)

  • British overseas citizen (re-admissible to the United Kingdom)

  • British overseas territory citizen with citizenship through birth, descent, naturalization or registration in one of the British overseas territories of:

    • Anguilla

    • Bermuda

    • British Virgin Islands

    • Cayman Islands

    • Falkland Islands (Malvinas)

    • Gibraltar

    • Montserrat

    • Pitcairn Island

    • Saint Helena

    • Turks and Caicos Islands

  • British Subject with a right of abode in the United Kingdom

  • Brunei Darussalam

  • Bulgaria

  • Chile

  • Croatia

  • Cyprus

  • Czech Republic

  • Denmark

  • Estonia

  • Finland

  • France

  • Germany

  • Greece

  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, must have a passport issued by Hong Kong SAR.

  • Hungary

  • Iceland

  • Ireland

  • Israel, must have a national Israeli passport

  • Italy

  • Japan

  • Republic of Korea

  • Latvia

  • Liechtenstein

  • Lithuania

  • Luxembourg

  • Malta

  • Mexico

  • Monaco

  • Netherlands

  • New Zealand

  • Norway

  • Papua New Guinea

  • Poland

  • Portugal

  • Romania

  • Samoa

  • San Marino

  • Singapore

  • Slovakia

  • Slovenia

  • Solomon Islands

  • Spain

  • Sweden

  • Switzerland

  • Taiwan, must have an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes the personal identification number

  • United States, lawful permanent resident of

  • Vatican City State, must have a passport or travel document issued by the Vatican.

eTA Exceptions

Foreign nationals with official Canadian documents

  • Travellers with a valid Canadian visa.

  • Travellers with valid status in Canada (e.g. visitor, student or worker) who re-enters Canada after only visiting the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon.

Foreign nationals in the following situations

  • French citizens who live in Saint Pierre and Miquelon and are flying directly to Canada from St. Pierre and Miquelon.

  • Foreign nationals who are passengers destined to, or coming from, the United States on a flight that stops in Canada solely to refuel and

    • have proper documents to enter the United States, or

    • were lawfully admitted to the United States.

  • Foreign nationals who are passengers on a flight that makes an unscheduled stop in Canada.

  • Foreign nationals who transit through a Canadian airport under the Transit Without Visa or China Transit Program.

Travel and official representatives

  • Flight crew, civil aviation inspectors, accident investigators who are or will be working while in Canada.

  • Members of Armed Forces (not including the civilian component of an armed forces) of a country designated under the Visiting Forces Act coming to Canada to carry out official duties.

  • Diplomats accredited by the Government of Canada.

Suite 300,

160 Quarry Park Plvd SE

Calgary, Alberta T2C 3G3